Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving with the Lawson's

Thanksgiving was this weekend and boy, were we busy!  We saw lots of family on Thursday and had lots and lots of turkey!  I've been bad about taking pics lately, but I managed these few of us and the girls!


Cheyenne was being so wild!  If only we had Brandon looking, we would've nailed it!


Brandon and his dad always crack me up!

Friday was a fun-filled day of hanging out with Julie!  First we got our workout on, which was fun in and of itself. It's always more fun to workout with a buddy!  Then we went out in the Black Friday madness. We aren't huge on Black Friday, but our tradition is to at least hit Target and a few places every year together.  Needless to say, it was fun to get some girl time together!

On Saturday, Julie and I went downtown to the Fantasy of Trees.





Look how fun we are!  Besties since we were wee little tots. 

THEN we saw the strange tree with all of the white stuffed animals...


Complete with its own unicorn. Bizarre. 

That night, Julie joined us for dinner and then poor Cheyenne got sick!  So sick that we had to make a trip tot the Emergency Vet. Julie is such a trooper!  She loaded up with Cheyenne, Brandon, and I to go to the vet. Of course when we got there, Cheyenne acted normal and all playful but that didn't last very long. 


Brandon and Julie having a serious convo while Cheyenne tries to escape to meet the other dog in the waiting room. (Dear Cheyenne, When you're sick, you can't play with the other dogs!)


Poor girl!  After a long night, we got some meds and headed home. I think she was humiliated, but the next photo is too funny not to share. 


They gave her a doggie diaper!  

Needless to say, I learned a few things this weekend.  This whole episode was a LARGE dose of birth control!  Brandon was so great during the whole thing and I know he's going to be such a wonderful dad one day. I love watching him be sweet to the girls. Also, Julie will be a GREAT aunt one day!  We may not be officially sisters, but we are close enough!  The girl came to the vet and was with us til almost midnight Saturday night to make sure our dog was ok!  What a fabulous best friend!  We haven't had a lot of opportunities recently to hang out, so this weekend was so nice to catch up and just laugh together.  Every girl needs a good set of best friends and I am so blessed to have a great group of girls to lean on. 

Today we caught up on some much needed rest and I started putting Christmas decorations out. So much fun!  Now we just need a tree!  Don't worry, when we put it up in the next week or so, I'll probably post a zillion photos.  We also had another couple over for dinner.  It's always fun to share a meal and lots of laughs together.  We even face-timed Emaleigh for a few minutes. Love her!

Brandon has been working tirelessly at my mom and dad's house recently. Their house is over 100 years old. Look at all of his handyman work!  


New porch


New cornerpiece 


Handcrafted molding to match the original molding on the porch. 


Replaced the top


New joists for the roof 


Old and new


One of the recent pics of how it looks now. There's still a lot to do, but the progress has been amazing!  I'm amazed at the difference already!

Brandon's dad (Doug) and brother (Drew) have been helping too. It looks great and I love how determined Brandon is. I don't think this is a total secret anymore, so for those of you who don't know, we are hoping to purchase my parents' house in the next year or two to make if our "forever home". I grew up in this house, it's in Fountain City, has a nice yard, and I can't think of a better place to raise kids. 

It's funny-the older you get, the more you realize what's important in life. For me, it's about blessing others, loving Jesus, and loving my family and friends.  I've realized how fortunate and blessed I am to have such an amazing family and friends. I took that for granted for too long. Until next time, remember to enjoy those closest to you, laugh with them, love on them as much as possible, and hug them all extra tight!








No comments:

Post a Comment