Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bucket List: Play Radio Trivia: Check.

Ya'll. Today was one of the most exciting days! Before I begin, let me just explain something; I LOVE trivia. I love game shows. One of my bucket list items has always been to get on something like Wheel of Fortune or The Price is Right. Don't judge me. Anyways, another bucket list item is to get on the radio and win a trivia game. I got that chance this morning!!

So I got up early, had some Jesus time, and a nice quiet breakfast. I decided to run to Target before working out...and then it happened! In the car, I always listen to the morning show trivia and play along. I usually catch it RIGHT when it comes on. This morning I heard the portion where they announce for listeners to call in. So I did. Try one: busy. Try two: busy. Try three: RINGING!!! Success! I got through! Long story short, I played and won a prize! I think I got tickets to some kind of haunted house. I'm not quite sure! I was more ecstatic that I got to play the game on the radio and actually played well! (You know sometimes people call in and sound like dingdongs that don't know what they're doing...I didn't want to be THAT person.). Anyways, thanks to the vast knowledge I've gained via interpreting and life in general, I won!  WOOHOO!

More details to follow about the haunted house. I was so ecstatic that I called Brandon like three times and woke him up to tell him. He was excited...but somehow, just didn't really understand how fabulous of an achievement that this was to me until I got home and was beaming about it.

Another thing on my bucket list (or a professional goal of mine) is to become a certified interpreter. Basically, its these two BIG tests that you take:  one written and one performance-based test. I took the written one when I graduated college, but now its time for the performance test. So if you guys are thinking about me in the next two weeks, say some prayers for me!  The big day is November 1st at 3:30. 

I've recently established a newfound love for crafting. Maybe it's something I got from both of my grandmothers. Grandma Jean (my dad's mom) was a wonderful lady that loved Jesus, crafting, and playing Skip-Bo.  She taught me a lot of her tricks of the trade. My other grandmother, Grandma Jo, (my mom's mom) is another great lady that loves Jesus and crafting. She's one of the best seamstresses I've ever met. I'll blog about them one of these days.  Anyways, maybe I got some of their crafting skills. Crafting is great stress reliever for me. Check out my pics!


"I love you because..." idea thanks to Pinterest and Bible study ladies.  I need a dry erase marker stat!


Fall wreath. 


Pumpkin painting. 


Fall porch!

Non-craft related but fun:





Haley and I on the train in Oak Ridge last weekend.  She and I will craft one of these days!  Heading to the corn maze with her tomorrow. Should be an adventure.  Cant wait!

Hope you enjoyed the radio story. I know I did!  Can't wait to pee my pants at the haunted house. 








No comments:

Post a Comment